Alissa Yohey is a licensing Manager in our Alcohol and Business Regulatory Compliance group. Her vast experience encompasses assisting clients on federal and state alcohol licensing, and state and local permits required for the operation of hospitality businesses. On behalf of alcohol beverage industry clients, including restaurants, bars, hotels, caterers, cruise lines, airlines, liquor stores, wholesalers, manufacturers, and other businesses, Alissa assists clients in efficiently navigating and managing the licensing processes. Prior to joining Spiritus Law, Alissa served as a Principal and Practice Leader at two national law firms
Her experience in this area encompasses a broad array of issues, including, but not limited to, new retail and wholesale liquor licenses, renewals, corporate changes, approvals for establishment alterations, permits for offsite special events, warehouse permits, brand label approval, and post-licensing compliance.
Alissa assists clients in obtaining the necessary licenses and permits required to operate a hospitality business, including Sales and Use Tax certificates, health permits, sign permits, cabaret licenses, and outdoor dining permits. The corporate component of Alissa’s experience involves the formation of corporate entities; the preparation of corporate organizational documents, and ongoing corporate compliance. She also assists with the formation of not-for-profits and obtaining state and federal tax-exempt status for such entities.
Alissa also works with banks, corporations, limited liability companies, general and limited partnerships, and joint ventures in real estate matters. Her experience includes mortgage and
construction loan transactions; office, commercial and ground lease transactions; acquisitions and dispositions of commercial properties and businesses; and landlord and tenant issues. She also assists clients on state and local registration and reporting obligations, creating mechanisms for capturing and reporting client lobbying activity, and reportable lobbying activity.
Direct Number: 518.249.5656
Notable Speaking Engagements, Publications & Recognition:
- Alissa served as a law clerk to U.S. Magistrate Judge David R. Homer, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York, in 1998.
- National Association of Licensing Compliance Professionals, Most Valuable Associate Member (2014)
- National Association of Licensing and Compliance Professionals, New York State Bar Association
- “Strategic Lobbying Can Make a Sizable Difference, No Matter the Size of Your Business,” An
- Albany Business Review and Wilson Elser Seminar (Albany, NY, November 2015) (presenter)
- Albany Law School J.D., 2001
- The College of Saint Rose B.A., 1997
Admitted to Practice:
- New York and New York - N.D. N.Y.
*Not Admitted to the Practice of Law in Florida.