The Raise Our Spirits at Home Competition is being hosted and funded by the Spiritus Law firm headquartered in Coral Gables, Florida independently without affiliation or connection with any other organization or group. There is no fee to enter. Entry in the Raise Our Spirits at Home Competition does not guarantee your submission will be reviewed or accepted. We reserve the right to take submission entries out of order based on availability of ingredients and ease of execution for an at-home recipe. You must be at least 21 years old and a Florida resident to participate. Anyone under 21 years of age may not participate in the competition in any manner. By entering this competition, you agree to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws relating to any tax reporting. You understand that entering this competition does not create any attorney/client relationship or customer relationship with Spiritus Law in any form. Participation in the Raise Our Spirits at Home competition is completely voluntary and offered for entertainment purposes only. By participating in the competition, you agree that Spiritus Law may use your name, photograph if provided, and the details of your recipe publicly, including on its blogs, website and social media platforms, and with media outlets as needed and at its sole discretion with or without notice to you. You also agree that Spiritus Law may replicate and use your submission recipes as needed even after the close and completion of the competition. If you (the participant) do not consent to all rules and regulations contained herein without reservation or objection, please do not participate in this competition.
- Only one recipe submission per person. Winners may not enter the contest again.
- Recipes must be simple to make.
- Recipes must use readily available ingredients, commonly found at home.
- Recipes including a “homemade ingredient” can be used but the recipe of the “homemade ingredient” must be included. Please consider that an easily executed “homemade ingredient” is preferred.
- Hot cocktails and shooters are not permitted.
- Recipe names using rude, lurid, sexual words or associated with narcotics or engine vehicles are not permitted.
- Entries must be submitted by the deadline listed by 11:59pm EST.
- Spiritus Law will not reimburse or subsidize any costs incurred by the participant.
- You will be notified of any prize award by 09/30/2020.
*Not following the rules could result in disqualification*
How the Competition Works
- Submit an original cocktail recipe that is both simple to make and can be made with everyday ingredients found in your home. Please include your name, email address and telephone number where we may contact you. You must be at least 21 years old and a Florida resident to participate. We will not keep or record your contact information in our database or add you to any mailing or contact lists and will not contact you again after the conclusion of this competition.
- Winners will be chosen by a panel of three judges made up of industry leaders and Spiritus Law staff who will judge the recipe on taste, aroma, and ease of execution.
- Only five (5) recipe submissions will be tested, based on ease of execution for an at-home recipe, adherence to the rules, and availability of ingredients.
- The top three (3) submissions will win a $350 gift card, each.
How To Enter
Enter the Raise Your Spirits contest by submitting your original cocktail recipe along with an image and your inspiration to email@example.com. Please include your name, email address and telephone number where we may contact you. Candidates may post their original cocktails on Instagram using the hashtag #RaiseOurSpiritsAtHome and may tag @SpiritusLaw. Only the first 50 submissions will be accepted for consideration. The competition entry period will close on the given deadline date and time or on receipt of the first 50 submissions, whichever comes first.
Be sure to read and understand our contest rules before entering! If you have any questions or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting your recipe or registering for the competition.
We will not save or otherwise use any contact information collected as part of the competition submission process after the close of the competition and notification to the winners.
- Begins: Monday, 10/05/2020
- Deadline: 10/23/2020 at 11:59 PP
Join our panel of judges virtually, each round, as they recreate the top five (5) cocktails. Cocktails will be judged on taste, aroma, and ease of execution.
The top three (3) submissions will win a $350 gift card, each, to be sent electronically.
Daniel O. Espinosa
CMO, Spiritus Law
Bartender, The 18th Room (NYC)
Owner, La Trova